Q. How do I make a preferred name change request?


If you want to change your own preferred name, please note that requesting a preferred first name change in your student profile does not impact your employee profile (if you have one). Employees who are also taking classes at FSCJ will need to make that change in both places. To learn more about the guidelines for requesting a preferred first name within your employee profile, please email HRInfoMgt@fscj.edu.

How To Request a Preferred Name Change in a Student Profile

  1. First, download the Record Change Form. 
    1. Access the Student Services A_Z Index page, here: https://www.fscj.edu/student-services/student-resources/a-z-index
    2. Click on ‘R’ at the top of the page.
    3. Choose ‘Record Change Form’.
  2. Next, fill out the Preferred Name portion of the Record Change Form, along with the top portion that includes your name and student ID. Sign the completed form, then submit it by following these directions:
    Visit it.fscj.edu.
    1. Under Support, select Create a Help Ticket.
    2. Log in with your College credentials.
    3. While filling out the ticket, select the following: 
           Category = myFSCJ
           Subcategory = Student Records
    4. Complete the required fields for the ticket and be sure to attach the Record Change Form.
  3. Submit the ticket.
  • Last Updated Oct 12, 2021
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Elisabeth Ball

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0