Q. How do I edit a PDF document?
PDF files are designed for viewing rather than editing but you can edit a PDF in Microsoft Word since the 2013 version of Word. You will need to convert the PDF file into a Word document. However, converting a PDF file into a Word document may cause some graphics and content to look different or disappear.
1. Locate and open the PDF file
2. A dialog box will appear confirming whether you want to convert the PDF file into a Word document. Click OK.
3. If the PDF file has content that Word is unable to convert, another dialog box may appear. Click OK.
4. The PDF file will appear in Word. Now click on view and then edit document.
5. You can save the file back to a PDF by selecting PDF in the Save as drop-down options.
Speak to one of our FSCJ librarians for a live chat either online or through text. You can also submit a question and we will e-mail you with a reply within 24 hours.
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8 am - 2 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday: 1 pm - 5 pm
*Note: Hours may vary during college breaks and holidays.